Post Date: July 26, 2019
ASV Holdings, Inc. designs and manufactures compact track loaders and skid steers used primarily used in construction, forestry, landscaping, and agriculture. ASV has an immediate opening for a Welder in the Weld/Fab Department.
This position is responsible to weld metal components together with a variety of arc and gas welding equipment to fabricate or repair products such as machine parts, plant equipment, motors, and generators.
- Welds metal parts together using gas welding and any combination of arc welding processes.
- Prepares metal piece parts by grinding and/or deburring
- Finishes welded parts by cleaning, scraping, grinding, and sanding.
- Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting, torch cutting, blueprint reading and grinding.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases size of metal parts.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products prior to welding.
Education and/or Experience:
- One (1) year certificate from college or technical school
- 6+ month’s related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Able to work independently
- Knowledge of welding fixtures
- Related technical ability and good understanding of production processes and equipment
- Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement
- Ability to work well in stressful situations
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Understands and supports company policies and procedures
- Ability to pass ASV weld test
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and weld symbols
- Experience in heavy and light steel fabrication and welding
- Understanding in layout of complex weldments without the aid of fixtures
- Understanding of the use of precision measuring tools and instruments, I.E. scales and calipers
- Detail oriented
- Proven traits in dependability, initiative, and proficient in time management.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Member must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The successful candidate demonstrates reliability, punctuality and can work effectively as part of a team.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org