Post Date: March 17, 2019
ASV Holdings, Inc. designs and manufactures compact track loaders and skid steers used primarily in construction, forestry, landscaping, and agriculture. ASV has an immediate opening for a Welder in the Weld/Fab Department located in Grand Rapids, MN.
This position is responsible for operating wire feed MIG pulse welders to weld steel components together using blueprints, jigs and fixtures to tack and final weld parts for the use and support of the assembly of our final product, service parts distribution, engineering research and development.
- Remove slag from plasma cut parts by grinding and/or deburring
- Clean, scrap, grind, or sand completed parts
- Operate handheld plasma, oxy-acetylene torch, handheld grinder and die grinder
- Weld both simple and complex components according to specified prints
- Utilize jigs, fixtures and welding spits to clamp, secure and final weld parts
- Perform general welding equipment maintenance and repair
- Operate pallet jack, cylinder dolly, forklift, cart caddy as required
- Use measuring tools such as caliper, tape measure, and micrometer
- Always maintain a neat and orderly work area
Education and/or Experience:
- Two (2) year certification from technical school – (preferred)
- One (1) year certification from technical school OR one (1) year MIG experience OR a combination of at least one (1) year experience, training and education (required)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge and experience using jigs and fixtures in welding applications
- Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Understands and supports company policies and procedures
- Ability to pass ASV weld test
- Ability to read and understand welding blueprints and weld symbols
- Experience in both heavy and light guage steel, welding and fabrication
- Proven traits in dependability, initiative, and proficient in time management
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Member must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The successful candidate demonstrates reliability, punctuality and can work effectively as part of a team.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org