Post Date: March 17, 2020
ASV Holdings, Inc. designs and manufactures a full line of compact track loaders and skid steers used primarily in construction, forestry, landscaping and agriculture. ASV also sells OEM equipment and aftermarket parts. ASV has an immediate opening for a Team Lead position in the Warehouse. This position reports directly to the Warehouse Manager.
This position is responsible for the daily coordination of assigned area. It requires a complete understanding of all materials handling, receipt, storage and delivery processes in order to organize a work team, train new team members, examine work results, and correct variation to the processes. In addition, this position will be responsible for providing a safe work environment, ensuring standard work is being performed, maintaining 5S levels, identifying and resolving quality issues, and filling in for absent team members on an as needed basis. It requires leadership skills to conduct one-on-one training and achieve harmony with team members. This position also requires problem-solving skills to troubleshoot situations such as labor and material shortages, tool and equipment problems, etc. while maintaining productivity.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, possess and demonstrate solid leadership abilities, safety hazard recognition and mitigation abilities to ensure a save work environment, ability to properly articulate and reinforce our core values, maturity in treating others with dignity and respect, high integrity, natural team player, and show energy and motivation for accomplishing goals and continuous improvement.
- Must be able to identify the safety risks and hazards with each task that is completed and mitigate and/or eliminate the risks or hazards to ensure safe working conditions.
- Support the facility and department by addressing or raising safety issues or concerns.
- Exhibits safe working behaviors to the safety standards that have been established.
- Follows all injury reporting and investigation procedures in the event of an accident.
- Operate all tools and equipment in a safe manner that ensures the safety for all; Ensures the team safely operates material handling equipment, has appropriate training, follows safety procedures and maintains proper housekeeping.
- Responsible for day to day warehouse activities; coordinates workflow and motivates team.
- Responsible for the implementation of ECN’s and setting up the stores through fab/weld, paint and lineside.
- Ensure all warehousing activities including bin locating, picking, conveying and loading of materials are conducted safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Trains new TM’s, communicates company policies, teaches and demonstrates work routines.
- Cross train team members.
- Perform inventory controls and enforce quality standards.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves and workstations neat; maintain clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Operate and preventively maintain warehouse vehicles and equipment.
- Follow standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency.
- Minimum of 2-years general shipping & receiving experience.
- Minimum of 1-year warehouse lead experience.
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proficiency in inventory software, databases, and systems.
- Forklift driving experience.
Other required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to work well independently and with others.
- Dedication to safety.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to work under deadlines and meet competing demands.
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proven traits in dependability, initiative, high energy, and proficient in time management.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
Job Description – Team Lead – Warehouse 03.20
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: email@example.com