Post Date: March 17, 2019
ASV Holdings, Inc. designs and manufactures a full line of compact track loaders and skid steers used primarily in construction, forestry, landscaping and agriculture. ASV has an immediate opening for a Supplier Quality Engineer. This position is located in Grand Rapids, MN and will report directly to the Purchasing Manager.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will work closely with our suppliers and purchasing group to focus on our drive to be the highest delivered quality compact track loader and skid steer in the industry. This position is responsible for strategic quality systems, investigating, analyzing and correcting problems in quality, production and control at a supplier location as well as perform audits and implement new strategies.
- Implement Quality systems for production and supply base.
- Advise and support Quality Technicians on day to day production issues and process controls.
- Collect and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain.
- Work with suppliers directly to create corrective action plans to address process failures.
- Communicate and instruct suppliers on the use of corrective action process and quality tools and techniques.
- Review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities.
- Regularly communicate with Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Supply Chain team members internally to identify opportunities for quality and productivity improvement.
- Collect, maintain, and report on supplier performance metrics.
- Participate in Engineering Change meetings to ensure awareness to design changes, implement engineering changes in accordance with 1st article process.
- Regularly visit suppliers and assist the supply chain group in conducting supplier audits.
- Prepare, update and coordinate incoming inspection plans.
- Create, issue and complete Supplier Corrective Action requests.
- Support ENC implementations with assigned suppliers.
- Provide support and analysis on special projects as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- 3+ years’ experience in Quality Engineering, Reliability Engineering, or Test Engineering.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems and components.
- Proficient in quality analysis tools such as 8D, SPC, PFMEA, and others.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to teach basic problem-solving techniques and facilitate problem solving team events.
- Experience in developing part certification processes (PPAP) and vendor quality measures.
- Knowledge of fabrication-based quality control methods, tools and techniques.
- Strong engineering analysis skills, as well as data analysis and reporting.
- Strong communication, presentation, and team building skills.
- Manages time effectively, remains organized in all circumstances.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative.
- Must be able to travel on an occasional basis. Valid driver’s license.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org