Post Date: April 15, 2021
ASV Holdings, Inc. is a Yanmar Compact Equipment Company that designs and manufactures a full line of compact track loaders and skid steers used primarily in construction, forestry, landscaping and agriculture. ASV also sells OEM equipment and aftermarket parts.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for accounts receivable credit management, cash management and general accounting functions. The Staff Accountant will report to the Controller and have regular interaction with the senior management team. This is a role for a high-energy individual who can function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Credit and Cash Management
- Responsible for monitoring, tracking and reporting results of retail and wholesale finance programs
- Researches and approves requests for customer credit, including contacting references and setting credit terms
- Responsible for managing collections.
- Prepares commission reports.
- Completes monthly bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for cash management and forecasts.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company policies and procedures.
- Supports external audit preparation, documentation and provides timely responses.
- Completes assigned general ledger journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Timely assistance with month-end processing.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Filing of multiple state sales & use, franchise tax returns.
- Support the Controller on monthly deliverables and analytics.
- Assists with periodic financial forecasting and budgeting as needed.
- Continually aligns with peers to ensure shared strategic goals are met.
- Prepares various other reports or projects, as requested.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field with 4+ years of progressive experience.
- Experience with Integrated ERP system required (Epicor 10 ERP preferred).
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience in an assembly or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret financial results and data.
- Demonstrated decision making, critical thinking, and analytics skills.
- Proactive in communication of issues/concerns.
- Advanced MS Excel user, proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports or similar report writing tool.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple priorities at the same time.
- Self-starter; able to work with and/or lead cross-functional teams.
- Must be able to work under minimal direct supervision and be willing to take initiative to resolve problems and to help revise and upgrade processes.
- Ability to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships with others inside and outside the organization.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism, adaptability and strong customer service skills including a high level of integrity and commitment to confidentiality.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org