Post Date: December 21, 2022
Yanmar Compact Equipment North America designs, manufactures and supports a complete range of compact equipment including compact track loaders, mini excavators, wheel loaders and construction equipment for use in such markets as construction, landscaping, utility, land management and agriculture. The products are sold primarily through a third party, independent dealer network.
The Service & Warranty Manager supervises all activities in the Service and Warranty group within YANMAR Compact Equipment North America (YCENA). Their primary responsibility will be to provide advanced diagnostics and product issue resolutions, in a timely manner. This position will also help develop and deliver technical training to YCENA employees, dealers, distributors, and partners with focus is to increase our customer service satisfaction.
- Lead, manage and continuously improve YCENA’s dealer service development capabilities to ensure the end customer has limited downtime.
- Establish processes and procedures for all field quality monitoring and warranty investigations. Review summarize and report out warranty claim data to determine failure trends and identify needed corrective action activity.
- Communicate regularly with Customer Service, and other YCENA team members to identify areas of improvement that may be impacting the market.
- Review Market Quality Data to ensure they clearly explaining the market quality issue observed in the field with all relevant warranty data, test data and cases recorded and submit to responsible factories for corrective action.
- Provide warranty judgment and customer service support for all escalated issues.
- Support the implementation and monitoring of all Product Improvement Programs (PIPs) by developing work instructions, PIP Bulletins and tracking.
- Develop and support all Service and Warranty team members; actively promote a learning culture across YCENA Service & Warranty teams, YANMAR Academy and OEM/Distributor/Dealer Customers.
- Improve current processes and implement new department processes to increase efficiency and improve YCENA service and warranty processes.
- Gather, summarize and provide Voice of the Customer to Yanmar Compact Equipment to all manufacturing facilities in the US, Japan, and Europe.
- Travel as needed to gain voice of customer and dealer to establish improvement plan initiative within the service and warranty team.
- Manage warranty budgets to prevent overspending.
- Establish and manage all warranty and service performance metrics and report monthly.
- Will lead a team of 7+ team members in service and warranty departments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of retail Construction/Agriculture equipment and/or Industrial engine service trade practices via direct experience or extensive dealer interaction.
- Knowledge of YANMAR & ASV products; familiarity with diesel engines, construction equipment, repair, maintenance, and electronic and hydraulic controls.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and repair of diesel products, including, but not limited to experience with: YANMAR Diesel Engines, portable diagnostic tools.
- Functional experience with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), as well as Salesforce or another CRM system experience a plus.
- Multi-tasked, analytical approach to problem-solving with strong attention to detail.
- Interact professionally with customers, co-workers and suppliers in stressful and busy situations.
- Ability to work 8+ hours per day in a plant/office setting. Must be able to navigate all areas of the building and facility as needed. May occasionally lift and move up to 20 pounds in an office, customer or similar setting. Must be aware of surroundings.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Ability to travel an average of 20% domestically and internationally, and manage travel expenses in a cost-efficient manner.
- Bilingual (English / Japanese) is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a service or warranty role for an Agricultural, Construction, Marine, Heavy-duty or Automotive equipment manufacturer.
- This position is full time and based in Grand Rapids, MN or Adairsville, GA.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org