Post Date: August 30, 2022
YANMAR America Corporation offers quality benefits, competitive wages and flexibility for attracting the best employees. YANMAR America Corporation frequently promotes from within, which is a sure sign that the company values hard work and acknowledges internal talent. Employees are assured that their voices and concerns will be heard, and they feel confident in their place in the organization. Our company provides a safe work environment.
The cost accountant position is responsible for all aspects of Manufacturing and Production costing analysis and inventory for all business locations. The cost accountant is responsible for comparing standard cost to actual cost and identifying and explaining variances by customer, part number and production jobs. The cost accountant must also work closely with engineering and manufacturing personnel to resolve variances and adjust Bills of Materials (BOM’s).
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain cost accounting system that ensures accurate costing
- Produce daily production, variance and ad hoc reports
- Review and analyze standard and actual costs for variances and prepare reports
- Update standard costs and ensure accuracy in the Bill of Materials (BOM’s)
- Prepare, analyze and report monthly gross margin analysis by customer, part number and production jobs
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services to determine effects on costs
- Study and collect data to determine costs of business activities such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor
- Responsible for account reconciliation of physical inventories and cycle counts
- Prepare periodic inventory reserves reconciliation, analyzing inventory for risk, and monitoring with support from internal stakeholders
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing by analyzing inventory and preparing supplemental reports as needed
- Work on special projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or similiar and three (3) to five (5) years in manufacturing cost accounting experience is preferred.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proficiency in Excel, experience in manipulating large databases a plus
- Significant hands-on experience using an integrated ERP system
- Solid understanding of manufacturing operations, inventory and cost accounting
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP as it applies to a manufacturing environment is required
- Strong analytical, communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills to work in conjunction with other departments.
- Must be a team player who also works well independently.
- Must be able to analyze data, draw conclusions, interpret results, and make recommendations.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description also does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of job change.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: email@example.com