Post Date: July 30, 2019
ASV Holdings, Inc. designs and manufactures a full line of compact track loaders and skid steers used primarily in construction, forestry, landscaping and agriculture. ASV has an immediate opening for a Robotic Welder in the Welding Department. This position will report directly to the Area Manager of Welding & Fabrication.
This position implements all functions involved with operation of robotic welding equipment. The successful candidate will have industrial welding and robotic technician experience and must be self-motivated, possess and demonstrate safety hazard recognition and mitigation abilities to ensure a safe work environment, a bias for quality, ability to properly articulate and reinforce our core values, maturity in treating others with dignity and respect, high integrity, natural team player, and show energy and motivation for accomplishing goals and continuous improvement.
- Actively demonstrates and promotes Company values.
- Promotes a positive and professional work environment and participates in culture building events.
- Performs all functions involved in operation of robotic welder, including: programming, touch point, and operations corrections.
- Positions and secures materials using proper equipment, jigs and fixtures.
- Actively participates in training to increase knowledge of the equipment, technology and production capabilities of the robotic welder.
- Performs basic MIG welding techniques as needed.
- Records work output and production times as needed.
- Maintains Companies quality, efficiency, and productivity standards.
- Reads job specifications (e.g.: blueprints, quality control plans) to determine type of welding and material requirements.
- Uses equipment and supplies to perform work in accordance with operational standards.
- Loads and unloads weldments from table onto proper racking as required.
- Examines finished weldment to verify conformance with specifications according to operator inspection sheet, quality control plans using instruments such as gauges.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the Lead or Area Manager.
- Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on equipment and machines.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position
Education and/or Experience:
- Technical degree in welding and/or robotics preferred.
- 2+ years welding experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of an internal welding test and an internal programming test; both written and application (weld qualification) required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Candidates must be technically proficient, and comfortable working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of welding equipment and tools, including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of fixtures and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
- Knowledge of wire and some knowledge of filler materials application for various steel alloys and SS, aluminum, etc.
- Knowledge of intermediate to advanced math skills.
- Ability to use hand held measuring tools.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, including: blueprints, welding symbols safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, supervisors and vendors.
- Ability to perform computer functions as they pertain to the job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to bend and stoop.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required. Must regularly lift up to 30 pounds, frequently lift up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 70 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required: close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work performed in a shop environment: exposed to dust, odors, fumes, heat, loud noise, and other elements.
- Performs work safely, follows all safety rules, uses all required PPE, reports all accidents and near miss incidents, and attends all required safety training.
- Takes initiative to eliminate or reduce safety hazards or risks by creating and maintaining a clean, organized and safe working area.
- Continually monitors work environments for any unsafe conditions or behaviors and takes necessary action to mitigate issues immediately.
- Personally exhibits safe working behaviors and actively participates in safety programs to ensure a safer work environment for all.
- Follows all injury reporting and investigation procedures in the event of an accident.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org