Post Date: April 5, 2022
ASV Holdings, Inc. is a Yanmar Compact Equipment North America (YCENA) company located in Grand Rapids, MN. ASV designs, manufactures, and supports a complete range of compact equipment including compact track loaders, mini excavators, wheel loaders and construction equipment for use in such markets as construction, landscaping, utility, land management and agriculture. The products are sold primarily through a third party, independent dealer network.
Reporting to the Plant Director the Production and Inventory Control Manager will be accountable to deliver on customer service and inventory levels at the lowest possible total cost by directing, developing, and managing the production planning and scheduling, inventory management, materials planning, warehousing, engineering change implementation, logistics, and for purchasing activities related to operations. Additionally, Production & Inventory Control Manager implements inventory tools and systems for tracking, analysis, auditing, and reporting. Collaborates with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to identify and prioritize initiatives to optimize inventory capabilities and develop best inventory management practices. The position will work closely with the finance to maintain the process controls and procedures in place associated with managing company inventory.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 5+ year’s related experience (manufacturing, supply chain, inventory control).
- 3+ year’s supervisory experience.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall production, capacity and material planning, purchasing, warehousing, inventory control, and scheduling activities to maximize schedule adherence, customer service, and delivery.
- Leads organization in attaining key metrics including working capital, inventory turns, days on hand, on-time delivery, and schedule adherence.
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, material control, ECO implementation, and scheduling.
- Understands department’s key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Develop and implement supplier strategies to ensure correct delivery, quality and supply flow of product from vendor in collaboration with supply chain.
- Manage and flex material demand and flow through Kanban and MRP allowing for fluctuation in forecast and managing the growth of the business while ensuring the timely availability of components.
- Responsible for a formalized inventory cycle count control system to maintain inventory accuracy and integrity.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with other departments to ensure cohesiveness within the plant.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies with health and safety regulations.
- Measures and evaluates direct reporting employee performance according to company standards for quality and productivity. Provides accurate, meaningful, and timely reviews.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Analytical, problem solving, project management, facilitation, and decision-making skills are essential.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate others, resolve conflict, encourage teamwork, and manage employee performance.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of materials and inventory control in manufacturing environments including various levels of planning from Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) to execution and control of production activity, transactional management, ECO implementation, Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Kanban, purchasing, warehousing, inventory control, scheduling, shipping and/or logistics.
- Self-starter, able to work with or lead cross-functional teams.
- Must be able to work under minimal direct supervision and be willing to take initiative to resolve problems and to help revise and upgrade processes.
- Ability to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships with others inside and outside of the organization.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism, adaptability and strong customer service skills including a high level of integrity and commitment to confidentiality.
- APICS CPIM or ISM CPSM certification is preferred
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: email@example.com