Post Date: July 18, 2022
ASV Holdings, Inc. is a Yanmar Compact Equipment North America (YCENA) company located in Grand Rapids, MN. ASV designs, manufactures, and supports a complete range of compact equipment including compact track loaders, mini excavators, wheel loaders and construction equipment for use in such markets as construction, landscaping, utility, land management and agriculture. The products are sold primarily through a third party, independent dealer network.
Reporting to the Plant Director the Production Control Manager will be accountable to deliver inventory levels that support manufacturing volumes. In this role you will be responsible for directing, developing, and managing the production planning and scheduling, inventory management, materials planning, warehousing, logistics, and purchasing activities related to operations. Additionally, Production Control Manager will work closely with Inventory Accounting Manager to maintain process controls and procedures in place associated with managing company inventory. This position will supervise 4-6 team members.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the coordination of production capacity and material planning, purchasing, warehousing, and scheduling activities to maximize machine build plan
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, material control, and scheduling.
- Leads organization in attaining key metrics including working capital, inventory turns, days on hand, on-time delivery, and schedule adherence.
- Understands department’s key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Partner with purchasing to develop and implement supplier strategies to ensure correct delivery, quality and supply flow of product from vendor.
- Manage and flex material demand and flow through Kanban and MRP allowing for fluctuation in forecast and managing the growth of the business while ensuring the timely availability of components.
- Forecast product needs by gathering, analyzing, and validating data
- Ability to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships with others inside and outside of the organization.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies with health and safety regulations.
- Measures and evaluates direct reporting employee performance according to company standards for quality and productivity. Provides accurate, meaningful, and timely reviews.
- Identifies bottlenecks and adjust material plans to eliminate delays in production
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (preferred).
- 5+ year’s related experience (manufacturing, supply chain, inventory management).
- 3+ year’s supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Analytical, problem solving, project management, facilitation, and decision-making skills are essential.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate others, resolve conflict, encourage teamwork, and manage employee performance.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of materials in manufacturing environments including various levels of planning from sales & operations planning.
- Experience of Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Kanban, purchasing, warehousing, scheduling, shipping and/or logistics.
- Self-starter, able to work with or lead cross-functional teams.
- Must be able to work under minimal direct supervision and be willing to take initiative to resolve problems and to help revise and upgrade processes.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism, adaptability and strong customer service skills including a high level of integrity and commitment to confidentiality.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org