Post Date: June 15, 2020
ASV Holdings, Inc. designs and manufacturers compact track loaders and skid steers used primarily in construction, forestry, landscaping and agriculture. ASV has an immediate opening for a Product Support Specialist. This position reports directly to the Director of Product Development.
The Product Support Specialist is responsible for full product support functions including warranty administration and vendor recovery. This position will work closely with the quality, manufacturing, engineering, and service teams as well as local factory leadership. Strong analysis, process development, root cause corrective action, design, and communication skills will be critical elements of success in this position.
- Provide leadership to Sales, Service, Aftermarket, and Warranty personnel.
- Warranty administration and vendor recovery.
- Provide service training information to customers and other ASV personnel.
- Perform root cause analysis on failures from testing, production, and the field.
- Works closely with the manufacturing facility to resolve issues and make recommendations for design enhancements.
- Document and communicate procedure changes as needed to improve operational quality.
- Responsible to manage Campaign and/or Service Bulletins.
- Liaison between the customers and major component suppliers (i.e. transmissions, engines, etc.) to solve customer issues rapidly and most effectively.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with all customers.
Education and Experience:
- 2-year Technical Diploma or Associate’s Degree in related field.
- 3-5 years or more related experience or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and factory sponsored training in the heavy equipment construction environment.
- 3-5 years of experience and/or working knowledge of the operational characteristics of construction equipment and understanding of documentation and schematics.
- 3-5 years of experience with Mechanics, Electrical, Hydraulics, and Pneumatics.
- 1-3 years of experience as a trainer.
- 1-3 years of experience in identifying and resolving operating problems or causes by diagnosing and identifying symptoms, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- 1-3 years MS Office (word, excel, outlook).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of business operating systems preferred (Epicor ERP, TWS Warranty System).
- Strong orientation towards quality, safety, and continuous improvement.
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Able to gather and analyze relevant information and coordinate work with other team members.
- Functions independently within context of day-to-day activities.
- Able to travel on short notice, up to 25% of the time.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: email@example.com