Post Date: October 25, 2020
ASV Holdings, Inc. is a Yanmar Compact Equipment North America company located in Grand Rapids, MN and designs, manufactures and supports a complete range of compact equipment including compact track loaders, mini excavators, wheel loaders and construction equipment for use in such markets as construction, landscaping, utility, land management and agriculture. The products are sold primarily through a third party, independent dealer network. This position reports directly to the Director of Aftermarket.
The Product Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical support to customers and dealers that are servicing ASV’s premium machine offering. This position will work closely with the quality, manufacturing, engineering, and service teams as well as local factory leadership. Natural curiosity about how machines function combined with critical thinking, root cause corrective action, design, and communication skills will be critical elements of success in this position.
- Provide prompt troubleshooting assistance for dealers/customers
- Provide expertise to Sales, Service, Aftermarket, and Warranty personnel.
- Provide service technical information to customers and other ASV personnel.
- Perform root cause analysis on machine failures that occur in the field.
- Works closely with the manufacturing facility to resolve issues and make recommendations for design enhancements.
- Document and communicate procedure changes as needed to improve operational quality.
- Responsible to manage Campaign and/or Service Bulletins.
- Liaison between the customers and major component suppliers (i.e. transmissions, engines, etc.) to solve customer issues rapidly and most effectively.
- Warranty administration.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with all customers.
Education and Experience:
- 2-year Technical Diploma or Associate’s Degree in related field.
- 3-5 years of experience and/or working knowledge of the operational characteristics of compact construction or other heavy duty powered equipment.
- 3-5 years of experience with Mechanics, Electrical, Hydraulics, and Pneumatics.
- 3 years of experience with design schematics and documentation.
- 1-3 years of experience in identifying and resolving operational problems identifying causes by diagnosing and identifying symptoms, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- 1-3 years MS Office (word, excel, outlook).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of business operating systems preferred (Epicor ERP, TWS Warranty System).
- Strong orientation towards quality, safety, and continuous improvement.
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Functions independently within context of day-to-day activities.
- Able to travel on short notice, up to 25% of the time.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org