Post Date: May 5, 2022
ASV Holdings, Inc. is a Yanmar Compact Equipment North America (YCENA) company located in Grand Rapids, MN. ASV designs, manufactures, and supports a complete range of compact equipment including compact track loaders, mini excavators, wheel loaders and construction equipment for use in such markets as construction, landscaping, utility, land management and agriculture. The products are sold primarily through a third party, independent dealer network.
This position provides product expertise and market intelligence on MEX and Carriers to Yanmar NA CE Product Management Team and its distributors. This candidate must be intimately familiar with assigned products, their applications, operations, and system functions with specific knowledge of Mini-Excavators and Track Carriers. Must have good knowledge of competitive products. The Product Manager must be an analytical thinker, possess a strong business & technical acumen, able to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences, rationalize data and provide practical recommendations. This position is based in Grand Rapids, MN or Adairsville, GA.
- Provides competitive analysis including gathering, analyzing and organizing data, market trends, identifies market opportunities, advises on pricing and promotional decisions, and provides recommendations and guidance.
- Act as business advocate responsible for interpreting market trends, generating consumer feedback, identifying growth opportunities, idea generation and communication back to the organization.
- Identifies target markets and market penetration strategies.
- Act as Customer Advocate and Voice of The Customer; Understand the aspects of a customer’s business which applies to our product offerings by capturing and articulating market problems and translating them into market requirements for product management including design, performance needs, features and options.
- Monitors the creation and development of new products, performing ongoing market research, tracking customer satisfaction, participating in the product decision making process, and measuring product success.
- Discern and generate business cases for product extensions and product enhancements.
- Aware of customer needs, competitors’ product offerings, customer’s buying preferences, and competitive advantage/disadvantage.
- Participates in industry associations to become familiar with the major contractors/dealers in the industry; Plans and attends trade-shows and events for the specific markets.
- Review revenue, model mix and configuration sales trends.
- Support product training and training material production
- Provide technical sales support to the field team.
- Provide Marketing Dept. with input on promotional requirements.
All levels of YANMAR & ASV Management, Leadership and other employees, dealers, colleagues and customers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or similar field, MBA preferred and Engineering experience a plus.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience within construction equipment sales, marketing or engineering roles; strong familiarity with Mini Excavators.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Professional level of knowledge of the principles and practice of business development, marketing, and sales.
- Strong orientation toward quality, safety, and continuous improvement.
- Excellent verbal, written and e-communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Initiative – Start and maintain projects with little supervision.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office Suite and SalesForce and/or other CRM solution.
- Problem Solving and collaboration skills.
- Ability to travel; domestic and international Approximately 25% Travel
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: email@example.com