Post Date: November 24, 2021
Yanmar Compact Equipment North America designs, manufactures and supports a complete
range of compact equipment including compact track loaders, mini excavators, wheel loaders
and construction equipment for use in such markets as construction, landscaping, utility, land
management and agriculture. The products are sold primarily through a third party,
independent dealer network. Yanmar Compact Equipment North America has an immediate
opening for a Plant Director. This position will be based in Grand Rapids, MN.
As Plant Director you will be responsible for directing, coordinating, and managing the overall
plant operation. Overseeing the plants production objectives, equipment purchases,
manufacturing footprint, maintenance. The plant director will monitor and evaluate workflow
and assembly methods and lead process improvements. In addition will be a member of the
global OPEX team along with other Plant Directors worldwide.
• Responsible for working collaboratively with peers in Supply Chain, Engineering and
Quality to effectively plan, coordinate and direct all production functions to achieve
service levels, plan vs. actual and profit, growth, and investment return goals.
• Lead the workforce planning, and resource optimization including machine utilization.
• Develops input to and annual strategic mid-term plans for manufacturing operations,
including annual operating plans and quarterly and monthly performance KPIs in
addition to monitoring performance and accounting for production adjustments and
working toward business goals.
• Develops, manages to, and reports on functional areas of responsibility via performance
metrics, functional KPIs and Continuous Improvements activities within all areas of
• Develops cost hopper and execution methods in alignment with annual cost targets and
• Lead the definition of standard work with Engineering and Quality teams to define
process capabilities, improvements and understanding.
• Create a culture of positive ownership of workmanship and work completions
complementing workforce development and leadership principles. Create a positive
working culture, facilitating empowerment and development of people in a work
environment consistent with long-term employee satisfaction.
• Provide strong leadership to direct reports. Establish personal development plans;
Implement key succession plans and employee development activities to ensure the
team strength continues to grow.
• Participate in the process of capital equipment and facilities planning.
• Collaborate with other stakeholders to enhance productivity and staff satisfaction.
• Responsible for the successful training, mentoring, and guiding of team members in new
YANMAR COMPACT EQUIPMENT NORTH AMERICA, 840 LILY LANE, GRAND RAPIDS, MN 55744
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, management, manufacturing, or equivalent
required. Masters Preferred.
• 8-10 Years of successful progressive management experience and responsibility
encompassing all facets of operations, manufacturing, and production management
• Lean Six Sigma Black or Green Belt a plus
• Ability to work with diverse international teams
• Proven experience working in plant operations required
• Deep background in strategic sourcing / supply chain and logistics
• Good understanding of regulatory requirements for operating plants
• Strong aptitude for root cause analysis and troubleshooting operational issues
• Familiar with operating plant equipment safely and efficiently
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Strong leadership and managerial attributes.
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or
restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description also does not constitute an employment
agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs
of the employer and requirements of job change
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: email@example.com