Post Date: June 6, 2022
ASV Holdings, Inc. is a Yanmar Compact Equipment North America (YCENA) company located in Grand Rapids, MN. ASV designs, manufactures and supports a complete range of compact equipment including compact track loaders, mini excavators, wheel loaders and construction equipment for use in such markets as construction, landscaping, utility, land management and agriculture. The products are sold primarily through a third party, independent dealer network.
The New Product Development (NPD) Buyer will have responsibility on supporting engineering in all new product development activities and representing the procurement department. NDP Buyer will also act as the liaison between engineering and the suppliers including vendor identification, requesting initial cost estimates/quotes/information, placing orders for tooling and pilot materials as well as assisting with the development of new supplier relationships for new product, and contract development and negotiation.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaison between the suppliers and engineers
- Works closely with the Product Development team to investigate required technologies and suppliers to support new prototype program launches
- Schedule meetings between engineering and potential suppliers to discuss cost reduction initiatives
- Ensure NDA’s are in place with all suppliers we are engaging
- Send RFQ packages to suppliers and negotiate cost
- Manage MOQ’s and lead-times (for both samples and production)
- Ensures purchasing cost targets, timing requirements and technical requirements are met from the supply base
- Expedite samples, parts and tooling
- Communicate project status and costs at the NPD weekly meeting
- Follow up the supply issues, work with suppliers on continuous improvement
- Source new components
- Read and interpret engineering prints
- Performs supplier audits and surveys for sourcing selection
- Evaluates supplier capabilities and processes
- Applies engineering, manufacturing, and quality expertise to reduce material costs and meet program requirements
- Responsible for the overall prototype supplier performance related to quality, cost, and delivery
- 2 year Associates degree, preferably in a technical or business field.
- 4 years minimum recent purchasing experience.
- 2 years’ experience in MS Word and Excel.
- 1 year experience with JIT/LEAN/Single Piece Flow.
- 4 year BS/BA degree is preferred.
- Engineering background is preferred.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to implement Kanban, and other appropriate supply replenishment processes.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal).
- Teachable, and willing / able to teach others.
- Ability to work in a fast paced & changing environment.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: email@example.com