Post Date: December 12, 2022
ASV Holdings, Inc. is a Yanmar Compact Equipment North America (YCENA) company located in Grand Rapids, MN. ASV designs, manufactures and supports a complete range of compact equipment including compact track loaders, mini excavators, wheel loaders and construction equipment for use in such markets as construction, landscaping, utility, land management and agriculture. The products are sold primarily through a third party, independent dealer network.
OVERVIEW: Configures, installs, modifies, and supports network, computer hardware and software systems of YCENA. The position will provide technical expertise and training to all network users by performing the following. This position will report to the IT Director.
- Designs, specifies, configures, installs, and maintains local area network hardware, software and telecommunications services such as personal computers, system software, software applications, printers, servers, routers, bridges, switches, modems, cabling and Internet service providers.
- Establishes and maintains network users, user environment, directories, and security
- Maintains all server and workstation operating systems.
- Responds to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
- Communicates with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies as it relates to the network.
- Installs and tests software upgrades.
- Collects and analyzes network and memory utilization.
- Reviews network security and virus prevention procedures and strategy
- Makes recommendations regarding network capacity, technology and capabilities, along with backup and data storage procedures.
- Initiates recovery actions after system failures
- Works with vendors and programmers to resolve issues.
- Responds to inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems. Recommends or performs actions to correct problems
- Instructs users in use of equipment, software, and manuals. Conducts new hire orientation/training.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
- Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
- Provides backup support to the IT Director to cover for vacations and other absences.
- Assists with and supports management information systems policies and controls.
Education and/or Experience:
- Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the following:
- Networking, operating systems
- Workstation operating systems
- Database, Internet, e-mail, MS Office, and other miscellaneous desktop software
- Hardware configuration including computers, network hardware, and peripherals
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Refers complex or highly emotional issues to the IT Director or other management staff.
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
Job Description – Network Administrator
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org