Post Date: November 12, 2020
ASV Holdings, Inc. designs and manufactures compact track loaders and skid steers used primarily used in construction, forestry, landscaping, and agriculture. ASV has an immediate opening for a Metal Fabricator in the Weld/Fab Department.
Candidates in this position are responsible to measure, cut or bend various stock metals to designed specifications as part of a team committed to working safely. The successful candidate demonstrates reliability, punctuality and can work effectively as part of a team.
- Operates plasma table, grinders, saws, or cranes/hoists in a safe manner.
- Contributes to the safe and effective operation of the fabrication area.
- Operate caliper, protractor, and other measuring devices.
- Responsible for keeping area neat and orderly.
Education and/or Experience:
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; OR
- Three to six month’s related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Will train candidates with high mechanical aptitude
Equipment Operation Experience:
- Forklift, overhead crane, jib crane, cutting torch, hand plasma, grinder, press brake
- Specific emphasis on experience with Plasma Cutting Machine and Brake Press operation
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Related technical ability and good understanding of production processes and equipment
- Strong orientation toward quality, safety, and continuous improvement.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, judgment, and decision-making skills
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve problems quickly
- Proficiency with measuring tools
- Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects at one time, handle stress, and work under deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal guidance
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing preferred, but not required
While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be required to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 40 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. In addition, this position is standing for 10 hours/shift.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: email@example.com