Post Date: December 16, 2022
ASV Holdings, Inc. is a Yanmar Compact Equipment North America (YCENA) company located in Grand Rapids, MN. ASV designs, manufactures, and supports a complete range of compact equipment including compact track loaders, mini excavators, wheel loaders and construction equipment for use in such markets as construction, landscaping, utility, land management and agriculture. The products are sold primarily through a third party, independent dealer network.
A Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and reviewing the procedures and equipment involved in the manufacturing process (includes machine programming). Their duties include researching automation techniques, testing new systems for efficiency and planning factory layouts to optimize production including but not limited to creating documentation, training manufacturing personnel on equipment operation. This position is responsible for supporting operations within the Grand Rapids factory.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate quality control processes and make recommendations for improvements in quality control
- Analyze production processes, schedules, methods, and other date and the provide management with reports containing the data and statistics to enable management to better understand future requirements needed for the manufacturing process.
- Ensure that the company’s manufacturing processes are in compliance with all government laws and regulations
- Review and calculate labor, material and other production costs along with reviewing schedules and future production requirements to assist management in decision making.
- Analyze and plan workflow, equipment placement and space requirements to improve manufacturing efficiency
- Coordinate equipment maintenance and repair services and make sure that manufacturer’s procedures and instructions are followed in order to keep production equipment operational
- B.S. degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering; minimum 5 year related experience required; or equal combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with computers, including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, AutoCAD, Solidworks, Access, E-mail and Pro-E. (Preferred)
- Experience troubleshooting and programming CNC equipment. (Preferred)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Excellent problem solving skills and analytical abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to teach others.
- Willing to learn and implement process/product improvements.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts and goals. Participate in strategic Rapid Improvement Processes (RIPs).
- Ability to teach, develop, document, update, and improve Standard Work.
- Flexibility to work overtime, different shifts, and travel, on short notice as necessary.
- Ability to work well under compressed time constraints.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects at one time.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and schematics.
- Understanding of how to utilize precision measurements.
- Understanding of GD&T
- Experience with welding & fixturing
- Experience with machining operations and cutting tool knowledge (lathes & mills)
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of equipment for purchase, installation, and repair
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time. Must be able to access and inspect all areas of machinery.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
Job Description – Manufacturing Engineer
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: email@example.com