Post Date: December 19, 2022
Support departmental daily warehouse activities while supporting daily requirements and requests from other departments.
- Schedule appointments for all inbound and outbound shipments
- Process, verify and record inbound and outbound shipping documents
- Verify all inbound and outbound freight invoices are correct, coding and submit to Finance
- Prepare shipping paperwork such as pick ticket, packing slip, bills of lading, shipping labels and export paperwork
- Distribute documentation to applicable departments
- Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed which may include contacting appropriate freight carriers
- Coordinate special last minute shipping request with carriers and expediting orders when necessary
- Cost analysis of freight
- Communicate and coordinates with customers and direct department regarding over, short or damaged product
- Files claims with appropriate insurance company and follows through until claim is closed
- Communicate with customers, suppliers, freight carriers, brokers, forwarders all departments etc via e-mail and phone using proper business etiquette
- Work with warehouse manager/supervisor on inventory control accuracy
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
- Process courier shipments using online tools
- Record keeping (electronically and paper) International must meet US Customs regulations
- Immediately report problems, operation disputes or discrepancies to logistics supervisor
- All YCENA departments and employees.
- Vendors and related parties
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to multitask and maintain a professional attitude.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations, public safety and security, customer service, transportation principles and methods, material handling, supply chain, administration and management.
- Good organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational and planning skills with a focus on details.
- A self-starter with customer service skills.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by air, rail, sea or road including the relative costs and benefits.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Ability to work 8+ hours per day in a plant/office setting. Must be able to navigate all areas of the building and facility as needed. May occasionally lift and move up to 20 pounds in an office, customer or similar setting. Must be aware of surroundings.
- Must use appropriate PPE including but not limited to safety toe shoes/boots and safety glasses.
- 3 years’ experience in transportation and logistics environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office. ERP experience is plus.
- Advanced Excel skills
- This position is full time and based in Adairsville, GA or Grand Rapids, MN.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description also does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of job change.
Job Description – Logistics Specialist
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org