Post Date: June 6, 2022
ASV Holdings, Inc. is a Yanmar Compact Equipment North America (YCENA) company located in Grand Rapids, MN. ASV designs, manufactures, and supports a complete range of compact equipment including compact track loaders, mini excavators, wheel loaders and construction equipment for use in such markets as construction, landscaping, utility, land management and agriculture. The products are sold primarily through a third party, independent dealer network.
Manages and oversees effective preparation, analysis, and insight for inventory balances. Ensures accurate and timely close processes are in place and implements measures to identify all material transactions are appropriately recorded. As an integral member of the finance team, this position will be responsible for analyzing inventory related data to provide insight into operational performance. This position requires excellent analytical skills, experience in inventory management and variance analysis and the ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of period end close activities for inventory and related inventory reserves, including journal entries, account reconciliations and roll-forwards in accordance with reporting deadlines.
- Manage end-to-end inventory processes and provide analysis of company performance by collecting, interpreting, and presenting key reports to management
- Oversees company cycle count program
- Lead efforts to report, manage & dispose of excess & obsolete inventory.
- Support annually the standard cost update; confirm all costs are updated in ERP system
- Assist in developing material standards and overhead rates for standard cost system
- Collaborate with FP&A, Accounts Payable, Production, Operations, and Logistics departments to ensure accurate recording of inventory and related expenses
- Protect integrity of inventory by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Monitor inventory accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness
- Assist with the financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements to ensure accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles
- Provide supervision and guidance to assigned staff with day-to-day operations, complex and technical inventory accounting tasks and issues, as well as personal and professional growth
- Assist in establishing departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Assess workloads and provide recommendations to maximize efficiencies between your staff.
- Perform other ad hoc duties as requested
- BS or MS degree in Accounting/Finance or similar
- 4+ years of relevant work experience, preferably with at least 2 years of inventory management experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Significant hands-on experience using a modern ERP system
- Solid understanding of manufacturing operations, inventory and cost accounting
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP as it applies to a manufacturing environment is required
- The ability to prioritize and plan department work activities
- Strong analytical, communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills to work in conjunction with other departments.
- Must be a team player who also works well independently.
- Must be able to analyze data, draw conclusions, interpret results, and make recommendations.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
Job Description – Inventory Accounting Manager v1
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: email@example.com