Post Date: April 20, 2020
ASV Holdings Inc. is an industry-leading manufacturer of all-purpose and all-season compact track loaders and skid steers. Located in Grand Rapids, MN, the company designs and manufactures a full line of loaders primarily for the construction, landscaping, forestry, and snow removal markets.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for providing leadership and support in the functional areas of Human Resources including organizational design, employee and labor relations, organizational development, payroll, compensation and benefits, performance management, succession planning, recruitment, communications, recognition and retention. The HR Manager will partner with management and team members to maintain a high level of employee engagement, improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization at all levels and maximize employee retention. The HR Manager must build solid relationships and participate as a business partner integrating with the leadership team.
- Focuses on enhancing the Company’s culture while supporting the organization’s continued growth by leading and sustaining a dedicated, capable, and engaged team through development and strict adherence to our core values: Safety, Quality, Teamwork, Integrity, and Customer Satisfaction.
- Contributes actively to the development and implementation of the overall HR strategy in alignment with the Company’s strategic plan. Acts as a change agent in identifying opportunities to improve workforce and HR process effectiveness to enable business strategy and results.
- Analyzes trends, metrics and best practices in partnership with the leadership team to develop solutions, programs and policies. Provides training, guidance and counsel to the management team on application of HR policies and programs.
- Manages all facets of labor relations.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required.
- Conducts job analysis and prepares job descriptions to support the business.
- Provides guidance and input on business function restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identify, develop and implement programs and procedures to support team member development and involvement i.e. career paths, community service and events.
- Maintain compensation and employee benefit programs and studying and assessing benefit needs and trends to ensure a competitive compensation package is offered; recommends benefit programs to management; evaluate benefit contract bids; and designs and conducts educational programs on benefit programs.
- Monitor and administer HR policies and programs to ensure compliance with all state and federal statues, laws and regulations including but not limited to all applicable wage and hour laws, and regulations related to FMLA, OSH, EEO and ADA.
- Act to solve problems with urgency. Manages and resolves complex HR issues conferring with managers on intricate and highly sensitive issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Responsible for promoting employee engagement while providing support as needed to managers and team members to promote a positive work environment.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance (coaching, career counseling, career development and disciplinary actions).
- Oversee payroll and HRM system for accurate and efficient processing of all new hires, terminations and changes.
- Coordinate and participate in programs such as employee assistance, wellness and workers compensation.
- Analyze and present data, trends and metrics to drive business decisions and develop solutions.
- Perform additional duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field.
- 7+ year’s of HR experience with at least 4 years in a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ year’s labor relations experience in a union environment.
- 3+ year’s supervisory experience.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR or SPHR is recommended.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate others, resolve conflict, encourage teamwork, and manage employee performance.
- Ability to establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective listener, problem solver and leader.
- Analytical, problem solving, project management, facilitation, and decision-making skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work under minimal direct supervision and be willing to take initiative to resolve problems.
- Ability to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships with others inside and outside of the organization.
- Self-starter, able to work with or lead cross-functional teams.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism, adaptability and strong customer service skills including a high level of integrity and commitment to confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple priorities at the same time.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
Job Description – Human Resources Manager
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: email@example.com