Post Date: May 12, 2021
ASV Holdings, Inc. is a Yanmar Compact Equipment Company that designs and manufactures a full line of compact track loaders and skid steers used primarily used in construction, forestry, landscaping, and agriculture. ASV has an immediate opening for a Grinder in the Fabrication Department.
Candidates in this position are responsible to grind flat metal parts with the opportunity to learn other activities in the fabrication department. The successful candidate demonstrates reliability, punctuality and can work effectively as part of a team.
- Operates air powered grinders and other fabrication tools in a safe manner
- Contributes to the safe and effective operation of the fabrication area
- Use common measuring tools
- Responsible for keeping area neat and orderly
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Will train candidates with high mechanical aptitude
- Comfortable operating hand-held power tools
- Forklift, overhead crane, jib crane, torch cutting, plasma cutting, hand held grinder, press brake experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Related technical ability and good understanding of production processes and equipment
- Strong orientation toward quality, safety, and continuous improvement
- Excellent problem-solving skills, judgment, and decision-making skills
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve problems quickly
- Proficiency with measuring tools
- Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects at one time, handle stress, and work under deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal guidance
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing preferred, but not required
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings is a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be required to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 40 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. In addition, this position is standing for 10 hours/shift.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org