Post Date: February 4, 2022
ASV Holdings, Inc. is a Yanmar Compact Equipment North America (YCENA) company located in Grand Rapids, MN. ASV designs, manufactures and supports a complete range of compact equipment including compact track loaders, mini excavators, wheel loaders and construction equipment for use in such markets as construction, landscaping, utility, land management and agriculture. The products are sold primarily through a third party, independent dealer network.
The Expeditor/Buyer will monitor production schedules and inventory levels, ensuring that inventory levels are sufficient for established production requirements. Transfers materials between warehouses and productions area, or between organizational locations. Updates reorder levels, based on analysis of internal usage rates, forecasted needs, and delivery lead-times. Identifies and reduces or eliminates excessive inventory.
- 2 year associate degree, preferably in technical or business field; and/or combination education and applicable experience
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Aligns customer requirements with factory and supply chain capability
- Liaison between buyer/planners and suppliers
- Respond to and resolve material shortages to the line
- Perform, report, and actively participate in root cause analysis
- Communicate with suppliers to confirm material deliveries and production staff on the status of orders/shortages
- Support and management of inbound materials from PO to Receipt
- Work with warehouse team to verify shipment & receipt
- Follow-up with the supplier to determine schedule restoration plans and corrective actions to ensure delivery performance, and/or monitor activities during the product manufacturing/shipment
- Review and analyzes reports to procure materials and components
- Works closely with Customer Service, Production and purchasing to ensure customer satisfaction and minimize process disruption
- Assist buyers/management in resolving concerns with shipment, shortages, customer inquiries, and cancellation of sales orders
- Seeks assistant to resolve conflicts and clarify production priorities.
- Review advanced shipping notices, update appropriate reports, and notify receiving and production.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience working with PFEP and kanban/pull system preferred.
- Minimum of one year production and inventory control experience preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of “Lean Principles”.
- Proficient in the use of Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for working ‘hands-on’ in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement.
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve potential supply problems.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with customers and suppliers.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org