Post Date: March 4, 2021
ASV Holdings, Inc. is a Yanmar Compact Equipment North America company located in Grand Rapids, MN and designs, manufactures and supports a complete range of compact equipment including compact track loaders, mini excavators, wheel loaders and construction equipment for use in such markets as construction, landscaping, utility, land management and agriculture. The products are sold primarily through a third party, independent dealer network.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design and development of electrical systems, wire harness design and application software development for machine controls used on compact equipment.
- Design and validation of electrical system architecture and control systems.
- Select electrical/electronic components to meet the system requirements of performance and reliability.
- Ensure the electrical system meets International safety and performance standards.
- Design, develop, and modify application software used in conjunction with embedded microprocessor controls.
- Work closely with Project Engineers to ensure complete machine integration with all electronic functions.
- Coordinate work with offsite and offshore resources as needed.
- Creatively work within company standards and processes to solve problems with effective use of appropriate resources.
- Plan projects and monitor progress against program objectives, document designs, & perform as liaison with suppliers and other disciplines.
- Setup, perform, and document tests on components and machines.
- Support manufacturing with continuous improvement and problem resolution.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 3-5 years related Electrical Engineering work experience.
- Experience with visual programming software directly related to Danfoss PLUS+1.
- Experience in the design & development of schematics and wire harnesses.
- Knowledge of vehicle communication busses (J1939, CAN).
- Experience with Electrical CAD tools such as E3.
- Experience with Creo and Windchill.
- Experience with microcontroller-based systems for control of hydraulic devices.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of machine operator inputs, sensors, control modules, electronic/electrical components, & application software development and processes.
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems is a plus.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple priorities at the same time.
- Self-starter; able to work with and/or lead cross-functional teams.
- Effective project management skills and the ability to implement change; engaging others in the organization as necessary.
- Strong commitment to quality, safety and continuous improvement.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org