Post Date: October 4, 2022
Director of Human Resources
Yanmar Compact Equipment North America designs, manufactures and supports a complete range of compact equipment including compact track loaders, mini excavators, wheel loaders and construction equipment for use in such markets as construction, landscaping, utility, land management and agriculture. The products are sold primarily through a third party, independent dealer network. Yanmar Compact Equipment North America (CENA) has an immediate opening for a Human Resource Director. This position will be based in Grand Rapids, MN.
As a member of the executive leadership team, the Director of Human Resources serves as a strategically focused human resources leader with direct oversight and operations of the North American Human Resources Team. The successful candidate will oversee the employee relations strategy, drive organizational effectiveness, manage employee engagement, performance management/recognition, talent acquisition and retention. This position will work closely with the Global HR team and report to the President of Yanmar Compact Equipment North America.
- Directs, develops and oversees all human resources department operations, while building a strong partnership with the business leaders
- Works closely with the Global HR team for the effective delivery of HR services and strategic initiatives across all aspects of the employee life cycle including; attraction and selection, learning and development, engagement, performance management and retention.
- Oversees the execution of HR processes, policies and programs personally or through a team supporting multiple locations.
- Act as the “People Partner” to CENA President
- Partners with leadership to develop and drive organizational best practices through multiple human resources workstreams such as workforce planning, organization development and design, and talent management programs
- Contributes to the overall group strategic plan and goal setting through collaboration with the leadership team
- Develops, monitors and directs daily operations to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed, goals and objectives are met and that services are being provided efficiently and effectively
- Designs and maintains compensation ranges and programs that ensure market-competitive pay
- Lead activities related to contract negotiations, contract administration, arbitration, issues, and Union employee relations
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention
- Implements employee recruiting and retention strategies focused on obtaining and establishing long term key staff members who can provide strong leadership and action
- Develops and implements organizational policies to ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations
- Ensures Performance Management Process is delivering desired results tied to business goals
- Assures timely and accurate submission for all required filings and reporting of data to state, federal, and third-party administrators, including EEO1
- Embodies culture and core values, drives engagement and overall positive employee experience through strong change management and communication
- Oversees government, legal and regulatory requirements and/or complaints in various areas.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree + Specialization in HR
- 10+ years of experience in various HR Functions (including Talent acquisition)
- SHRM CP or SCP Certification (Desired)
- Demonstrated strategic planning, organization, and proven leadership skills
- Must have strong, consultative experience with business leaders/teams within an organization
- Experience working with Global Teams in a Multi-Cultural Environment
- Superior interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, and effective presentation skills
- Proven experience in designing and driving long-term strategy with Leadership Team
- Having led a team of HR Professionals
- Owning end to end HR projects, programs and processes
- Project & global program management experience
- High level of business acumen strong influencing skills and can work across a matrix organization
- Problem Solving Skills / Proven Presentation Skills at all levels incl. Top Management
- Exceptional experience working with MS office & HRM systems
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description also does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of job change.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: email@example.com