Post Date: March 17, 2020
ASV Holdings Inc. is an industry-leading manufacturer of all-purpose and all-season compact track loaders and skid steers. Located in Grand Rapids, MN, the company designs and manufactures a full line of loaders primarily for the construction, landscaping, forestry, and snow removal markets.
The Design Engineer is responsible for developing and applying reliable engineering methods, theories, and research techniques, in the investigation and solution of technical challenges. These challenges can be mechanical, structural, electrical and/or hydraulic in nature. Technical projects will be planned to address the process, design, and/or development of ASV’s products.
- Design and validation of mechanical, structural, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Responsible for the developing new concepts from initial design to market release.
- Document designs by creating models, assemblies, and drawings in Creo.
- Analyze designs using traditional methods in conjunction with dynamic testing and finite element analysis software.
- Coordinate design activities with all applicable safety and performance standards in the countries our CTL and SSL machines are sold.
- Test track validations of designs.
- Coordinate work with offsite and offshore resources as needed.
- Creatively work within company standards and processes to solve problems with effective use of appropriate resources.
- Plan projects and monitor progress against program objectives, document designs, & perform as liaison with suppliers and other disciplines.
- Setup, perform, and document tests on components and machines.
- Support manufacturing with continuous improvement and problem resolution.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Agriculture Engineering.
- 1-5 years’ experience with mechanical system design.
- Proficient with Creo and Windchill.
- Total Quality Systems experience.
- DFM & Six Sigma experience.
- Experience with GD&T.
- Experience with hydraulic/electrical control systems.
- Experience with microprocessor-based control systems a plus.
- Experience with structural analysis and ANSYS finite element analysis software a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of machine standards and compliance.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple priorities at the same time.
- Self-starter; able to work with and/or lead cross-functional teams.
- Effective project management skills and the ability to implement change; engaging others in the organization as necessary.
- Strong commitment to quality, safety and continuous improvement.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: email@example.com