Post Date: July 29, 2022
ASV Holdings, Inc. is a Yanmar Compact Equipment North America (YCENA) company located in Grand Rapids, MN. ASV designs, manufactures, and supports a complete range of compact equipment including compact track loaders, mini excavators, wheel loaders and construction equipment for use in such markets as construction, landscaping, utility, land management and agriculture. The products are sold primarily through a third party, independent dealer network.
The Demand Planner is the integration point into the sales and commercial organization. Basic forecast modeling is the responsibility of this position. This position leads the dialogue each month for the respective customers and products with key counterparts in Sales and Marketing.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and perform the demand planning and inventory management function for aftermarket sales division of Yanmar Compact Equipment North America
- Establish and implement best methods for processes that impact demand planning inventory management.
- Develop new strategies that optimize capital resources for managing the parts business
- Direct ownership and accountability for inventory planning metrics such as turnover and product availability
- Partner with the purchasing team to ensure suppliers can meet the part quantity demand of dealers and customers
- Create statistical forecasts by gathering, analyzing, and validating data
- Optimize the parts distribution center space to support the demand for all product
- Develop Item-level and the aggregate forecast for the relevant product families.
- Partner with Sales, R&D, and Finance to ensure the demand consensus process delivers an agreed upon, workable unit volume forecast.
- Collaborate with internal parties to ensure that the appropriate data is available and accurate and is reviewed at the SIOP meetings and establish a useful and accurate demand plan.
- Review finished goods inventory levels against forecasted and actual sales. Adjust Manufacturing plan to ensure no stock-outs of product.
- Inform management when demand cannot be met and recommend alternatives on how the requested demand could be satisfied.
- Provide input and recommendations in improving supply chain strategies, policies and practices to achieve Best-in-Class Supply Chain Management.
- Continuously improve accuracy of the aggregate forecast and key item / portfolio forecasts.
- Review finished goods inventory levels against forecasted and actual sales. Adjust demand plan to ensure no stock-outs of product.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 5+ years of related experience (manufacturing, supply chain, inventory control)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills to translate complex supply chain situations into terms clearly understood by various client groups including senior management.
- Strong analytical skills combined with practical business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships across various functional teams.
- Sound knowledge of forecasting, inventory management, and production planning is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability in working well in a global organization within Operations and with external clients.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org