Post Date: August 6, 2021
Yanmar Compact Equipment North America designs, manufactures and supports a complete range of compact equipment including compact track loaders, mini excavators, wheel loaders and construction equipment for use in such markets as construction, landscaping, utility, land management and agriculture. The products are sold primarily through a third party, independent dealer network. Yanmar Compact Equipment North America has an immediate opening for a Channel Development Director. This is a remotely based position with frequent presence in Adairsville, GA and Grand Rapids, MN.
The Director of Channel Development develops and maintains strategies, tools and processes to win and expand relationships in the target market. Provides direction for sales and other channel partners based on channel, geography and market. This position is responsible for achieving sales, profitability and dealer recruitment objectives and represents the entire range of compact equipment products and services.
- Development of dealer strategy to achieve targets within the MTP and Annual plans
o Focus on enhancements to channel capillarity and channel capability levels
o Scope inclusive of machine sales, aftermarket, dealer owned rental and dealer financial requirements
- Continuous development of Dealer Standards and Metrics
o Scope inclusive of machines, aftermarket and rental
o Implementation of tools to measure and monitor performance for internal and external audiences
- Development and Support of Dealer Rental strategy
o Creation of financials programs and tools to support the development and growth
o Support implementation and maintaining Dealer Rental including training on business model, systems, etc.
- Lead Dealer Advisory Council (DAC)
o Formal platform for communication between Yanmar and selected dealers on topics impacting the dealer network and or critical to Yanmar growth. Inclusive of product, aftermarket, marketing, dealership structure, new product development, etc.
o Facilitate cross-functional involvement in the process and tracking of actions stemming from the DAC meetings.
- Manage and coordinate all dealer start-up related activities and processes
- Administration and coordination of Wholesale Finance requirements
o Work in collaboration with Finance on the development, implementation and costing of wholesale finance programs. This is inclusive of dealer rental programs.
o Defining and collaborating with partners to achieve necessary service levels and capacity to realize MTP and Annual plans.
- Creation of Dealer Profitability model and metrics.
• Channel Development Managers (CDM’s)
• ASV/YA Sales Network.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or comparable discipline.
• Minimum of 10+ years of experience in relevant field
• Minimum of 5 years in a sales and channel leadership role
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Knowledge of Compact Equipment distribution channels
• Good understanding of the dealer distribution model (B2B)
• Strong business and financial acumen.
• Listen to customers and provide solutions.
• Negotiate, provide appropriate argumentation and communication.
• Good priority management, reliability and flexibility.
• Strategic thinking, factual analysis and results oriented,
• Sense of organization, reactivity and rigor,
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to manage people.
• Solution and customer orientation.
• Ability to work 8+ hours per day in a plant/office setting. Must be able to navigate all areas of the building and facility as needed. May occasionally lift and move up to 20 pounds in an office, customer or similar setting. Must be aware of surroundings.
• Must use appropriate PPE including but not limited to safety toe shoes/boots and safety glasses.
• Appropriately interact with others in stressful and busy situations.
• Regular and reliable attendance is required.
• Ability to travel domestic and international.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description also does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of job change.
Job Description – Channel Development Director 5-24-21
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org