Post Date: January 23, 2019
ASV Holdings Inc. is an industry-leading manufacturer of all-purpose and all-season compact track loaders and skid steers. Located in Grand Rapids, MN, the company designs and manufactures a full line of loaders primarily for the construction, landscaping, forestry, and snow removal markets.
The Buyer/Planner will plan, organize, and manage the procurement of critical engineered fabrications or mechanical products and manage inventory levels of assigned commodities. Participate in the development and improvement of best practice materials planning processes and procedures and inter-department processes and procedures that affect or are affected by purchasing practices. Manage an assigned supply base and interact with manufacturing, engineering, sales, accounting, information services, and procurement resources. Responsible for on-time delivery of quality parts in response to MRP, Kanban, and other signals driven by scheduled production and unscheduled aftermarket or field demands. The Buyer/Planner will accept complete ownership of their supply chain partners and ensure that these expectations are consistently met.
- Utilize highest standard of integrity and ethical business practices as basis for decisions, actions, & relationships.
- Assure proper documentation and accurate / timely information flow to assigned suppliers to facilitate their ability to meet performance expectations.
- Maintain the integrity of information systems in accordance with company and departmental policies, processes, and procedures.
- Review planned & unplanned requirements and determine appropriate means to meet those requirements.
- Process purchase orders or other procedurally correct means for transmitting demand to suppliers.
- Follow up on open orders to confirm supplier recognition of orders and ability to meet delivery requirements.
- Manage MRP exception messages regularly, and promptly communicate new or changed requirements to suppliers.
- Support the Engineering Change team by facilitating quotation activities for current products and suppliers assigned.
- Review and escalate any cost increases to the Purchasing team for approval.
- Actively review and pursue any cost improvements for Material and Supplier listing.
- Tenaciously expedite supply solutions for line down situations.
- In the event that a supplier fails to meet any of the specified expectations, will act as the point person to initiate and oversee the corrective action process.
- Maintain record of supplier scorecard and any corrective actions that have been issued.
- Facilitate or participate in resolution of supplier quality issues, including prompt parts return for rework or replacement.
- Expedite prompt supply solutions of supplier caused and company caused shortages.
- Be willing to assist other members of the materials group as necessary to support the approved build schedule.
- Other and all planning tasks as required ensuring on-time delivery of quality parts, from assigned supply base, in response to MRP, Kanban, and other signals driven by scheduled production and unscheduled aftermarket or field demands.
Education and/or Experience:
- 2 year Associates degree, preferably in a technical or business field; 4 year BS/BA degree is preferred.
- 4 years minimum recent purchasing experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal).
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel and Word) required.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to assess/evaluate and initiate decisive action as needed in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating and change management.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Engineering background is preferred.
- Experience with JIT/LEAN/Single Piece Flow.
- Ability to implement Kanban, and other appropriate supply replenishment processes.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Teachable, and willing / able to teach others.
- Ability to work in a fast paced & changing environment.
- Ability to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org