Post Date: June 24, 2019
ASV Holdings, Inc. designs and manufactures a full line of compact track loaders and skid steers used primarily in construction, forestry, landscaping and agriculture. ASV has an immediate opening for an Area Manager in the Welding & Fabrication Department. This position is located in Grand Rapids, MN and will report directly to the Vice President of Operations & Supply Chain.
The Area Manager for the Welding & Fabrication Department must continually drive to achieve departmental excellence, manage direct reports, make sound operational decisions, manage several tasks at one, and proactively manage departmental metrics. The Area Manager will ensure the production team meets their safety, quality, delivery, and cost objectives while maintaining high morale and motivation in their production area. This position is also responsible for training, conducting performance appraisals and providing ongoing coaching and feedback to supervised team members. The Area Manager is responsible for budget identification and cost analysis/monitoring as well as all equipment and maintenance; evaluating future needs and cost justifications for additional equipment requirements and/or replacement.
- Leads and sustains a dedicated, capable, and engaged team through development and strict adherence to our core values: Safety, Quality, Teamwork, Integrity, and Customer Satisfaction.
- Ensures operational excellence in all welding and fabrication areas, related equipment, and warehouse management systems and processes.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products, utilizing knowledge of production processes, machine and plant capability, and human resources requirements to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Develops measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality. Implements changes in working conditions and use of equipment and tools that improve work flow, efficiency, and team member safety.
- Coordinates production requirements with material handling and other functions.
- Interprets specifications and orders, such as engineering change notices, to team members, makes and participates in assignments, and conducts inspections of work.
- Responsible for the training, scheduling and assignment of team members; Provides guidance and follow up on work results.
- Assumes an active role in continuous improvement and other Company initiatives.
- Responsible for the physical condition of the area and equipment.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining, and aligning company policies with health and safety regulations.
- Develops strategies and support the Organizations’ goal to work within approved budgets and achieve financial goals; develop and implement cost saving measures, innovatively aligns work with Strategic Goals and effectively manages the budget and P&L of the operation.
- Initiates communications on employee relations matters such as promotions, transfers, attendance, discipline, work conditions, and personal assistance. Resolves Team Member grievances and problems, facilitating solutions.
- Tracks absenteeism and keeps accurate time records.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proven ability to construct and manage manufacturing process in accordance with accepted standard work elements, quality standards and Systems, JIT practices, and lean manufacturing principles.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize technical, administrative and production resources to solve root cause issues.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage annual and monthly budgets.
- General knowledge of OSHA safety standards and implementation of ergonomic principles.
- Analytical, problem solving, project management, facilitation, and decision-making skills are essential.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate others, resolve conflict, encourage teamwork, and manage employee performance.
- Knowledge of business operating systems (Vantage ERP preferred).
- Proficient in MS Windows (Outlook, Excel, and Word required).
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, and presentation skills.
- Leadership and communication skills to effectively lead, mentor, and facilitate.
- Self-starter; able to work with or lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple priorities at the same time.
- Must be able to work under minimal direct supervision and be willing to take initiative to resolve problems and to help revise and upgrade processes.
- Ability to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization.
- Must be able to travel on occasional basis. Valid driver’s license required.
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org