Post Date: February 17, 2022
ASV Holdings, Inc. is a Yanmar Compact Equipment North America (YCENA) company located in Grand Rapids, MN. ASV designs, manufactures and supports a complete range of compact equipment including compact track loaders, mini excavators, wheel loaders and construction equipment for use in such markets as construction, landscaping, utility, land management and agriculture. The products are sold primarily through a third party, independent dealer network.
The Engineering Manager for Current Product will have primary responsibility for overseeing engineering and continuous improvement and implementing initiatives, which focus on increased product quality and reduced costs while meeting required product regulations, standards and specifications. This will include all activities related to effectively managing the daily priorities of the group as well as overall project management responsibility.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads and sustains a dedicated, capable, and engaged team through development and strict adherence to our core values: Safety, Quality, Teamwork, Integrity, and Customer Satisfaction.
- Manage engineering activities including model, drawing, bill of materials, engineering change process.
- Develop, implement and maintain process standardization throughout the Engineering Department.
- Lead and oversee cross-functional projects and initiatives; assists other departments in the attainment of goals by providing engineering and technical assistance.
- Drive continuous improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
- Provide the leadership to coordinate the efforts of the team and to make decisions to successfully complete projects on time, within scope, managing vendors, costs, margins and customer expectations to satisfy project requirements.
- Provides input into strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Provides input into developing the budget.
- Lead and develop the Engineering Department, creating a culture of empowerment.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies to drive safety, quality, improvements and cost reductions.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies with health and safety regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field required.
- 5+ years of Engineering experience.
- 3+ years of Project Management experience.
- 3+ years of Supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills are essential.
- Experience in an assembly or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple priorities at the same time.
- Self-starter; able to work with and/or lead cross-functional teams.
- Must be able to work under minimal direct supervision and be willing to take initiative to resolve problems and to help revise and upgrade processes.
- Ability to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships with others inside and outside the organization.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism, adaptability and strong customer service skills including a high level of integrity and commitment to confidentiality.
Travel approximately 15-25%. Job description – Engineering Manager – Current Product v1
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.
For information regarding open jobs, job descriptions & qualifications, or to submit your resume, contact Human Resources at: email@example.com